How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3580
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

My matter is complex, please let me know how much it cost,

This answer was rated:

My matter is complex, please let me know how much it cost
JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Woolwich, London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been to court and had the jugement set aside, but the Judge has order new trial. The claimant I have given a personal Guarantee for a LTD company. I have never given this in my etire life. I now have to submit my defence. The claiment has sent a copy of the original claim in the wronge name, again. What can I do?
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They are claiming cost of £3000 for the previous claim but alleged personal guarantee is in the wrong name. Can they continue with this claim, despite the fact that I hve told of their error. This is a corporate debt and personal.

Welcome to JA.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Is it the case you wish to know whether the claim can still proceed where the name on the claim form is not accurate?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
A company has a judgement against Mr Tariq Rashid Hamida, But I am Tariq Rashid. They Allege that I have given a personal guarantee in the name of Tariq Rashid Hamida. I have been successful having it set aside. But now have to convince the judge that this a corporate debt and not personal. How do I do that. I catagorically deny giving personal Guarantee in any name. Can you help
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
So please explain the £5 charge exactly what is that for?


Thanks for the further info.

Within the defence which you will need to send a copy to the court and Claimant please outline reasons why this was a corporate debt and not a personal debt. Further attach documentary evidence to support your assertion(if any). I should also add that you ought to include the fact that the name within the court documents are incorrect therefore the Claimant should amend at their expense.

Once the court and Claimant receive the defence the claimant may drop the claim or provide a response to your defence which explains why they maintain this position. After you have sent the defence to the Claimant i suggest contacting them and inviting them to drop the claim given the strength of your evidence.

Hopefully they listen and thus drop the action against you.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it doe make sense
I have already outlined my defence in the statement I used recently in my hearing. This describes exactly my position as to why I think is a corporate debt. Will this suffice?

I dont know if it will suffice because i will need to review all documents relating to the claim and to do this i will need to be instructed on a freelance basis which i do not do unfortunately.

If you require such confirmation you will need to instruct a local commercial solicitor using the link below.

That said if it managed to persuade a judge to set-aside the judgment it appears you are on the right track.

I hope i have clarified the position.


Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you
However, I am willing to pay the £44. if the consultation extends for at least 30 / 60 mins during which I can provide relevant information for your consideration

Unfortunately without review of the documents it is unlikely i will provide a service that is fit for your purpose.


Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you