How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7838
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

I am looking for a child custody agreement. As I am applying

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am looking for a child custody agreement. As I am applying for a tier 2 child-dependent visa. am a single mother so the requirement is to submit the child custody agreement with my application.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I am from India and instead of going through the family court I would like to go for a Child custody letter/statutory declaration to confirm I have sole
responsibility of the child
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thats it
Good afternoon, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
very good afternoon. will wait for your answer.

Thank you for your patience, if the child's father is not on their birth certificate and has never been in their life and no parental responsibility then you can apply as a single parent and explain. If he is on the birth certificate you will need a lawyer there in India to assist you with the statutory declaration. It is not something you can do remotely, it will need to be notarised.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and to clarify anything for you. All the  best.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My client is based in India and she just wants to know. whether she can get the child custody letter notarised and signed with witnesses. As she is already holding a divorce certificate and an agreement that she holds the parental responsibility financially and other matters
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
will that notarized certificate is valid to submit to a home office or is it mandatory to submit from the court.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you also provide us the draft agreement of child custody agreement so she can get notarised in india with the witneses.

Thank you for your patience. If she has her divorce certificate and there is an order that she has full parental responsibility, not shared then why is she looking for more, these documents should suffice. I am not aware of a custody letter but she can have an affidavit or statutory declaration done by a lawyer in India confirming her rights over the children and ability to travel with them without the other parent consent. I note that you refer to them as your client, are you a solicitor in the UK then?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi. I am not a solicitor in the UK . she is my sister who is willing to come on a tier2 skilled worker visa. The only one thing I would like to ask you is, that she doesn't hold any court order as such. But if she has notarized a document an affidavit which clearly tells she has sole custody will that agreement will be validated in the UKVI? or is mandatory to have the order from the court as per UKVI?

You should not call it an agreement though because it will not be an agreement. If the other parent is available and they will not oppose the child coming to the UK they can simply write a letter of authority. If not she must get a court order confirming there is no shared parental responsibility and that she has sole custody. It really does not take time if she just starts the process.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If she term child custody Agreement cum memorandum of understanding and notarised on affidavit is that be enough?

Who is the agreement with? The other parent?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The content of the MOU and child custody agreement is all about mentioning about the sole custody and father has no visitation and shared responsibility

The father can do the affidavit stating all that, it is not going to be an agreement. Failing that she has a court order granting the sole custody.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My understanding with your last message is . The term Agreement
word should not come, instead the heading should be MOU and child custody . Father can name the affidavit as Letter of Aurhority and mention all the child custody in favour of mother with both father and mother signatures.But it should not be based
Hi s your sister or you able to take a call please? The immigration rules are clear on what is required and you should not encourage her to try and produce what has not been requested. We are talking of a child and not a good and as such your don’t enter into agreements and MOUs for who stays with the child. A lot of skilled workers come to the uk with children leaving spouses back home and that is fine: the home office just needs evidence children are not being abducted to the UK. If he agrees to the mum coming with the child he does not need to give her full custody. He can go to a lawyer in India who can do an affidavit that they notarise confirming that he is the father and whether he has or hasn’t got parental responsibility and gives his consent for his child to go with the mother to the uk. I don’t think I can say this any different but should you wish to speak please accept the call offer because it may be easier to speak instead. 

Solicitor4All and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
When can I expect the phone call

I am in a meeting with as client in 5 mins. what time is best for us to speak later this afternoon?

Let me know when is best to contact you, I look forward to speaking to you. You will need to provide me with your number through the contact info link.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did provided the number through contact info and iam available now

Thank you, ***** ***** filtered through now. I will call you within the next 3 mins.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Your number is *****

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I never received the call being waited for so long already money got deducted


Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can speak tomorrow morning now at 11Am

Your number has had "User busy" for the longest time. If you have no caller ID blocked it will not go through. I am in Court between 10 and 12 so earlier or later will be the options.

Good evening, i hope you have a great day. Please advise an appropriate time you would like to take a call this evening?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Respected solicitor. I did not receive any no caller id phone call from you. I been waiting from this morning
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Kindly please call me if not you can refund the money please

My apologies for the daytime i was in a court hearing. I am able to call you between 630-10pm tonight. if you can set a time in this period.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Iam available from 9pm

It is ok, lets do that cheers.

Hi, I am sorry I cannot keep trying and your phone is constantly on busy and when it rings it is declined. Hopefully your sister’s situation has now been resolved. All the best.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Respected madam can you tell me how you are calling me what country code you are dialing
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I never received any call until you are dialing the number wrong ly
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Iam still waiting

Good evening I have tried twice you have declined twice I am sorry I am now going to sleep.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I never received the call . Nor i got any unknwon number call .
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Kindly refund my amount .
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have never declined. Why will I declined after paying you premium service. Iam I stupid to do that?
Well your message is very strong and I am not sure what to make of it considering the countless times I tried to call you. I get a link to your call I do not manage payments. Please contact customer support for anything to do with payments. And should you maybe arrange to speak to another expert kindly verify for them that the number provided is correctly entered.