How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11880
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My ex partner has access to our child once a week but

This answer was rated:

Hi, my ex partner has access to our child once a week but doesn’t use the full 2 hours, usually only 1 hour. If he was to ask for more access but doesn’t use all the time allocated normally would this go ahead?
JA: Where is your ex partner? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland he also doesn’t have his own house, lives with his new girlfriend in her parents home. My child is 8 months old
JA: What steps has your ex partner taken so far?
Customer: none so far. Asked for access I granted him 5-7 on a Wednesday, he had since reduced it to 5.30-7 and only ever comes for 1 hour
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don’t think so
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Would this go ahead through court sorry if he doesn’t even use the time he is given and reduced times himself?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Messenger is fine thanks

No if he wanted more time then it is very unlikely to be given as he is not using the time he has already been allocated. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you. Even although he does use 1 hour of the time allocated to him? He also himself
Reduced the time by half an hour (so 2 hours down to 1.5)

Yes because he is not using all the time he has got so there is no point increasing the time. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That’s brilliant for advice just now. Anything else I will be back in touch

Happy to help take care

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** asked him not to contact me daily as he was asking my child was up to then getting irate that I had another partner. I ask him to only text about access. Is this acceptable
perfectly acceptable. I trust this assists
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Perfect thank you
Happy to help take care
Jeremy Aldermartin and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My ex partner has been driving around the town, past my house at high speeds and shouting out the window at my house. 2 others have approached me also about his driving, concerned that my child is in the car. Can I deny my child going in his car due to a risk?
You can report the matter to the police regarding the speeding. In terms of your child not getting in the car, you can apply to court for that. You would need a specific issue order, follow these steps to apply for a court order:

1) Read guidance CB001 on making an application:

2) Fill in the C100 court form found here:

3) Send the original form and 3 copies of it to the nearest court that deals with cases involving children, you can find the nearest court here:

It costs £215 to apply for a court order. You may be able to get help with court fees if you’re on benefits or a low income and you can find out more here:

I trust this assists