How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2679
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

Could I claim compensation for historic child abuse?

This answer was rated:

Could I claim compensation for historic child abuse?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Coventry uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've sent all my social care files from a child that shows that social care left me in the care of my abuser(my maternal grandad)he physically mentally and sexually abused me, he put a lock on my bedroom door at bed time so if I needed the toilet I would scream him and mu mum would ignore me so I would be left In my own waste(I am diagnosed with ocd due to this)I've been diagnosed with ptsd from childhood trauma emotionally unstable personality disorder ocd depression and anxiety all as a result of the torment, I also was a drug addict of crack and heroin from 17 to 29 racked up 27 prison sentences as it stands I want to try claim compensation for
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 1.being left in the care of my abuser whilst under the care of social services there's drawings of me in my child social files and there was a few Instances I got burned my grandad lied and said was from me standing to close to frying pan, it wasn't he used a spoon to put the oil in the frying pan over the eggs then he would flick it at me, I had my hair pulled out sexual abuse up until I went into care at 6 and number I wet to claim for my teeth as it was made apart of mu child pathway plan to have dental work I needed a brace and my foster parents didn't let me have one and I have had to go through life with the most awful teeth never smiling in pictures with my kids nothing it breaks mu heartCustomer: Chat is completed
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have Mt social care files and my prison record my life has been sporadic due to the trauma I suffered I fought hard to get drug free and live this amazing life with my kids and I've been drug free and out of prison since 2015 I did try to make a claim a while bk but was told my last prison sentence (from 2015)was unspent so couldn't at the time bur now it's unspent I really want to go for this as my mental health is a living hell for me and my kids as a child I was locked in my room at night weren't allowed out until the nxt morning so had to live amongst my own waste I have pics from over the yrs of how bad my ocd is of hand scrubbing as a result of that
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (T1GSM7P)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
do you people just scam others out of money as I paid to have a question answered about 2 hrs ago
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
After being told wait time is 8 minutes
Hi, thank you for your message. I am really sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have you had a reply since sending your files?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No but there was quite alot of files, I really just want to know If u think I have a case or not?
Hi, thank you for your message. From what you have stated you may have a case
You really need to instruct a solicitor in your area to review your case in full with evidence. The lawyer will then be able to build a strong case on your behalf. I hope this helps. Best wishes
Joy Nicholas and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you