Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Does the UK charge a fee for clearance certificate and if

Does the UK charge a fee for clearance certificate and if so, how is the fee calculated ?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: haven't had advice as I'm in Australia
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Ask here
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I'm aware of

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

An Entry Clearance Certificate is needed to send to the British High Commission for immigration purposes.

To apply for an Entry Clearance Certificate you should telephone Contact Centre on (01772) 906907. You will be required to pay a fee of £103.

A copy of an existing certificate is £19. This has to be no more than 2 years old and where there have been no changes to the accommodation.

A copy certificate can be obtained by telephoning our Contact Centre on (01772) 906907.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
A person in UK received about a million pounds and wishes to take the cheque out of UK. Apparently needs clearance and has been told that will cost 8000 pounds. Does this sound legitimate ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is to take a cheque OUT of UK
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I had a few responses to do with ENTRY clearance but this is about clearance to take a cheque for million points OUT of the UK. What fees apply for clearance and agent / lawyer to process paperwork / documentation etc
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can I get a response to my question rather than the totally irrelevant response I've been given ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
this is completely nonsensical, I am getting no intelligible responses
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can I get a proper response ?? seems I'm only getting computer generated rubbish

Apologies, this is beyond my remit. I will opt out and allow another expert to provide guidance on clearance cheques.

Hi Thank you for your message, I will look to assist

I will try to call you shortly but in essence no the UK charges no such fee and this is a common scam. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney