ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Last July i moved house, knowing that mr car insurance was

Sir, last July i moved house, knowing that mr car insurance was due any time,as it would have been an automatic renewal, the people in my old house never forwarded the renewal forms sent to my old address , i was stopped by the police saying i had no insurance, i showed them a copy of the renewal they said because the insurance never heard from me they cancelled the insurance,
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: BRIDGWATER ,SOMERSET
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Unfortunately none , i was fined £300 pounds and six points on my licence and have been angry ever since, i have always been law abiding , i thought it may have had something to do with Covid as a lot of correspondence was slow, i'm 73 years old and i blame the people who bought my property for not forwarding my mail,,as i said earlier it happened last July 2021 i'm still furious
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: is it too late to appeal ?
Hi welcome to Justanswer

I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.

I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.

If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. I am sorry to hear what has happened. I can understand the cause for your frustration. I however unfortunately do not have good news for you in relation to this. This really would not be a defence to the offence.

If the matter were to be challenged by you, you are likely to be unsuccessful. There is really no onus on the new owners to have forwarded this information to you. It certainly would have been courteous of them to have done this. The fact through that this was not done and attributed to you not renewing is not a reason that would be accepted by the court or an appeal body.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.