How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 486
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

I would like an advice from a family lawyer, please. London,

This answer was rated:

Hello, I would like an advice from a family lawyer, please.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The fist divorce hearing was in January 2022 and the judge ordered my husband to select 5 estate agents and send them to me by the 18 of Feb 2022 so I can chose 3 of those 5 estate agents and start the valuation of the house. The court ordered for the valuation to be done by the 18 of March 2022 by 4pm, but my husband failed to do so. Instead, I have received the proposed value of the house from his solicitor for the negotiation purposes. I have not agreed to it and asked for the valuation to be carried out as ordered by court. It is almost impossible to negotiate fairly with my husband.Today ( after 4 months from when the order was made by the court) received an email from his solicitor with 5 estate agents to carry out the property valuation.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my question is: can I refuse to chose the estate agents now and say it is too late now because it has been more than 4 months since the order was made?
Thank you for using just answer i will be assisting you today.

Please note the following matters:

  1. My replies are in writing only. I am not available for telephone calls.

  2. Any call requests are generated by the website and can be accepted or requested by you at any stage. However these calls are charged as a premium service once accepted and the call will be with whichever expert that is available at that time.

  3. I may not respond right away as I may be dealing with another matter, however I will deal with your enquiry as quickly as I can.

  4. I only provide general legal advice to your enquiries. If I am required to look at documentation this will be subject to further costs which I will advise you of.

  5. I cannot provide you with legal representation nor can I act on your behalf creating a client/solicitor relationship.

  6. If you need urgent legal representation you should consider the following links:-

I will now deal with your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Whilst i understand your frustration at the other side for delaying this matter and clearly breaching the terms of the order, by refusing to accept the agents would serve little purpose as it would result in an application to the court and the court just enforcing the terms of the same and making you look like you have not complied with the order.

I would suggest you write to his solicitors and request they explain why they have breached the terms of the order and not provided the list until now and put them on notice that any future non compliance of the orders can result in you applying to the court for enforcement of the same and seeking your costs.

You may also wish to write to the court to inform them that the other side did not provide you with the identity of the valuers until now and that they have breached the order and you will still continue to work within the deadlines stated in the order if any.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, thank you very much for your advice. Have a lovely day

Thank you for using our services.

Inderdeep and other Law Specialists are ready to help you