AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

I have a contract for review, its between 2 businesses (a &

I have a contract for review, its between 2 businesses (a & b). company a is to receive 35% ownership of company b in exchange for services. no money will change hands. Model articles are to be adopted.
JA: Where are you located? And have you consulted a local lawyer?
Customer: Aberdeen, no.
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: nothing official, we've broadly agreed on terms, its just getting the contract finalised, i have a copy from their lawyer for approval but its a bit beyond my skill set.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing, thanks.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Can you send me a copy of the contract so I can review?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello Alison, nothing to add other than this is time critical. both parties want to work together and their is a long standing relationship (trustworthy), we just need to protect everyone by agreeing a contract. Our prospective partner has received some government funding for legal work but it looks overly complex.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
can you give me an indication of costs? I appreciate this is difficult but ballpark is fine.

May I know what you mean by indication of costs? Is it in relation to the contract that you are referring to?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was hoping for an indication of your costs to review the contract.Below is a brief outline of what we agreed:During a meeting between SSCD, Titan Torque it became apparent that despite huge interest from the industry at large, SSCD were facing some challenges in commercialising their product.The Challenges being faced by SSCD were noted as:1. Lack of storage space.
2. Lack of workshop facilities.
3. Lack of technical support staff.
4. Lack of sales support.
5. Lack of testing facilities.
6. Lack of financial, accounting and admin support.
7. Lack of logistical support.
8. Lack of R&D support.
9. Lack of manufacturing support.
10. Material sourcing.
11. Limited Industry contacts and exposure.It was identified that Titan could provide solutions to, and support for all the aforementioned challenges being faced by SSCD.Alan Phillips suggested that in exchange for providing the needed support, SSCD would be willing to offer shares in the company as ‘payment in kind’.Titan would like to accept the proposal suggested by SSCD and are willing to provide solutions to the listed shortfalls and will commit to working with SSCD to overcome those challenges that will inevitably arise whilst developing a prototype.In return for the support Titan offer to provide, we request that Titan be allotted a shareholding equivalent to 35% of the total amount of shares in issue for SSCD.

May I know which of the two companies are you working for?

The cost you pay in Just Answer covers the service of reviewing the contract and answering your questions accurately.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I work for Titan Torque, sorry if I'm picking this up wrong but there are no additional costs for you to help with the contract review, what about any re-draft, etc?
there is no additional cost for the contract review. For the re-drafting or amendments of the contract, it would be best for your case to be reviewed and assessed by a local solicitor, would you like me to provide details on how to locate one close to your workplace?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
would that still be through justanswer? dont have a lot of faith in Aberdeen solicitors, they charge a fortune......

To find a local solicitor within your area, please visit the following website

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

This will not be through JustAnswer. You can find a local Solicitor near your workplace and arrange a phone or in-person conference with the Solicitor to discuss the contract further before you agree to sign it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok, can i send you a copy of the contract for your comments before i move on?

Yes, you can send a copy of the contract so I can review it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (Z2TL7LP)

Thank you for sending this over. Please bear with me as I am currently reviewing the contract. I will return to you shortly.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

May I know which part of the contract you are in doubt about and you wish to re-draft?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was really hoping for an overview, do you think its fair, are there any areas that you feel could cause us (Titan) problems further down the line if, for example, SSCD were to sell.....and any other comments you feel are worth making. Thanks.

My apologies, I did not realise the extent and nature of the contract and it is quite involved. I have therefore sent across a proposal for review.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Alison, Ive accepted your offer and paid the uplift.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Alison, just checking youre working today.

Hi. Yes is it ok to review and return to you with 48 hours?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
perfect, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Alison, have you had a chance to work on the review? Thanks, Bruce.
Hi Bruce, there was a typo in the quotation of $2.50.

Can you raise another question and I will send through the amended proposal for review?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Alison, $2.50? I thought you were in the Uk, also the figure is wrong.

Yes, I am in the UK but the platform is US Based.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
not sure what you want me to do now, i sent you my contact e-mail and a message, hopefully thats what you need to get started.