Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I want to know my legal position on property, North London,

I want to know my legal position on property
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The property is shared ownership. The title says it is title absolute for both owners. I want to know what my share of the property is.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The other owner wants to to take out a mortgage on the property to pay off inheritance tax and other debts. He wants my name on the mortgage Application. He is very insistent. I want to know why he is adamant I must be on the mortgage Application. I also need to know where I can find what share of the property I own.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

May I clarify if by shared ownership you refer to a housing association shared ownership lease or shared ownership as being owned jointly with another person please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It’s shared ownership with another person.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The other person needs to pay inheritance Tax and other debts and is taking out a mortgage. He is adamant my name be on the mortgage. I want to know why is he so adamant that I take out the mortgage together with him when he will most likely be granted the mortgage without me.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
When will the solicitor be available?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please tell me when the solicitor will be available? I am ready to continue online as well.

I am sorry I missed your request for a phone call which I note was picked up by one of my colleagues with whom by now I trust you have had a productive conversation and discuss the above matter in detail. To the extent you have any follow-up questions or any issues that were not fully addressed on the phone, please revert to me and I will be happy to assist further.

I hope my colleague was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Many thanks. I have another question. If your previous marriage certificate from 32 years ago appears irretrievably lost as the marriage took place on a small Caribbean island, appears not to have been registered here and cannot be traced there and my husband died 25 years ago, is it possible to remarry without a copy of the marriage certificate?

I would be very happy to assist with the above however as I note this appears to be a substantially new line of questioning rather than a follow up question I should be grateful if you would kindly consider raising this as a new question. if you would like me specifically to deal with it you can start the question "FOR JOSHUA ONLY" or similar.

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/

Alternatively I can send you an offer to extend the question and answer time to enable us to examine this new area of questioning if you prefer. I am grateful in anticipation of your understanding.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will start this as a new question.

I'm very grateful for your understanding