How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1665
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

Regards my electricity supplier, South London, None, I

This answer was rated:

Regards ***** ***** supplier
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I closed my account with my previous electricity supplier back in march,where I made a full final payment. I received an email in May with the payment of £21.95 I ignored this because I thought it was an error. I’ve been in the USA for the last three weeks and I did receive another email which I also ignored then I got a third one. I got back on Thursday the 16th of June and contacted them on Monday one of the employees advised me to check my bank account to make sure I made the full payment back in march. I am aware I have to make the payment but I received an extremely rude phone call where I was threatened with debt collectors. All I would like is a chance to go through everything to sort it out.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

To answer your enquiry, you should undertake to do the following steps first:

(1) Make a Formal Demand with their Service Representatives. Even if you are not their customer, you can call their customer hotline and make a complaint about your situation. Additionally, you should also try to make a written demand (either via mail or e-mail) so that you have evidence. You can use this guide to make a complaint.

Generally at this stage, they would be happy to give you a chance to sort this out. If not, then you can:

(2) Make a Complaint with the Energy Ombudsman. They have jurisdiction over these kinds of claims. You can use their online form to make a complaint.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok Thank you for your help

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

No problem.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

MARTINT330 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you