Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Do you have someone available now to support Commercial

Do you have someone available now to support Commercial Lease and if it renews automatically and on what terms
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Property was put up for sale, existing lease is therefore now critical to my friend understanding impact for his restaurant at the property under lease
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (QQ43LZZ)
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The lease was signed on 16th Dec 2016, being a 7-year lease with a 3-year rent review. The property is being sold, and it is not clear what happens at the end of the 7 years, if it auto-renews, or whether we are at risk of the lease being ended. Question is what certainty of lease continuation if the property is sold.
Hi, thank you for your message. It is likely to be renewed with the new landlord. You need to speak with the current landlord about their intentions. Best wishes