james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have just found out my father's wife's grandson is trying

I have just found out my father's wife's grandson is trying to take out an LPA for my dad and I don't think it's in his best interest what can I do about it.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Berkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None I have only just found out I have not been told about it by my dad's wife or her grandson it would appear they don't want me to know about it
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't believe my dad would understand the implications of an LPA
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you James I'm Paul I am very concerned about this I have a very good relationship with my dad but I believe my dad would signed but not understand what he was sign.

The link here is to the government site containing the information required to contact the Office of the public guardian and the court if protection.

https://www.gov.uk/object-registration-power-attorney

Also if the registration has already been granted it may be more difficult to overturn quickly. The OPG will investigate.

The quickest way to stop a granted LPA is as follows.

You can end your lasting power of attorney ( LPA ) yourself - if you have mental capacity to make that decision. You need to send the Office of the Public Guardian ( OPG ) both: the original LPA. a written statement called a 'deed of revocation'

So if your father confirms to you that he did not mean to make this document and feels tricked , he can simply with your help send the LPA and  letter headed "Deed of Revocation" stating he wants to cancel the LPA with immediate effect.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much

your welcome.