12826847

I have been waiting foe my driving licence to be returned to

dear sir i have been waiting foe my driving licence to be returned to me, which the dvla has had since 2018. please help.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i am a british born citizen, living only in uk.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i, myself and all my GP/S, AND MY OPTICIANS have told, and stated by letter, that i am perfectly capable of driving, but still, even though i have tried to email them or phone them, i still cannot get in touch. my local MP, PETER BONE WELLINGBOROUGH, has been on this case and have all my medical details, but still no action. i have all the medical details from 2018, and this was before the COVID came on the scene. i have also spent £7000 on laser surgery, which was, at the time, not necessary, but my optician, SPEC SAVERS, told me i had a slight touch of cataracts, but not to worry at this time, as i passed my eyesight test quite easily. i just tried again this morning to contact the DVLA, and the number is ***** longer available,0300(###) ###-#### I am still hoping and praying that someone will help me, as i passed my HGV test all these years ago, saving up the money
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have everyone who has been in touch with me will verify the statement i have made. the doctors and opticians at THE JOHN RADFORD HOSPITAL , OXFORD, where i have attended three times, all say the same thing.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
What can I do for you?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
help me with my situation

So what's your question?

Are you able to take the call now?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

As discussed, what you need to do is write to them saying that they have 28 days to make a decision and if they do not then you will appeal their failure to the Magistrates Court and seek costs.

Be aware that they will not respond but then you can appeal.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.