ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Our small business had the company van taken by bailiffts

hi our small business had the company van taken by bailiffts due to unpaid parkign fines, which now mean we cannot continue the work we do as we only have one van are thye legally allowed to take control of vehicle owned by company not by those individuals who drove and got the tickets?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: email them trying to mediate - ignored, emailed council stating they sent all rickets to old address whoich means we did not have any idea also asked police to help as the van was pretty much stolen while parked by the bailiffts who had no high court right
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: they are now threating to sell the vcan within 7 days unless we as company pay over 6ooo
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (L23GMPP)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (QL4SLVG)
Hi welcome to justanswer
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
hi thank you for email me
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
of course i understand please read all documents and we will then pay for the phone call i will aks one of the directors of the company to be here and we call you for advice-we really need to get help on whteher the company assett can be legally reagained back from bailiffts and also leggaly how can the sale of the vehicle be stopped
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i have one more long email from the bailiff i will add now for you to read to give you most avaiblae information
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (G52QZ7P)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thisis email from Newlyn where they replied
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
we are desperate ad this is only company vehicle we were gifted by Nike as small community business and now it has been taken from us and we feel powrless
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
we also filed complaint on gov.uk but thye replied this to us
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (62S4G72)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (5T4QT12)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
please let us know when you reveiwed all the documenst and we will then pay for the phone call directly with you
thank you in advance
Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Reviewing of documents are done via our premium service at an additional cost. I am however happy to assist with explaining the law in relation to this. If having done so, you still require a review of the documents please let me know.

The above being said, it depends on who the judgment was awarded against. If it was awarded against the company, then any asset owned by the company can be seized. If however it was awarded against individual persons then the individual”s assets is to be pursued.

The company and the employees or directors are all treated as separate persons legally. You must therefore have a look at the claim that was filed to see who specifically it was filed against.

I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
there was no judgemtn at all this was all done via bailifft working for the council this has never been to court and no court rift being issued or presented to us
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
how much do you charge for the documents reviewing service?

I have sent some information regarding this service. Kindly let me know whether you wish to proceed.

Thanks for the additional information I will be sending you an email shortly.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
i have paid for the premuom service now
it is importnant we have a call once you reviewed all documnets please
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
when you read the notice of sale doc pdf it sates vehicle will be sold on 1 june (which is gone( and laos that address of sale ebay.co.uk-is that legal? can they sell vehicle on ebay ? why is there past date listed? the form looks very basic and some language is contradictory in my opinion included on the amounts fee 940/enforcement stage fee if high court / what they mean by if? there is no court order and they are already counting fee for that?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
hi do you have a time when we can schedule a call today?

I have sent you an email. Kindly review. I will respond further via email.kind regards

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hi this is the email from Bromley court after we reached out to them complaining regarding the situation-this might help you with clarification of the case hopefully given there is no county court judgement
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
also we applied for breathing space not yet received response - see attached
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
also we discovered the person who collected the card failed to present badge and we later discovered he resigned on Nov 2022 as a bailiff meaning he came to so this job unlawfully without a bailiff license or any documents despite us a on the day - see attached information regarding the resigned license bailiff

Please see my email response.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i cant see anything
-what do you mean by see my reply? there is nothing to read here

We have spoken.