Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have gone through a civil claim and wish to blog about my

I have gone through a civil claim and wish to blog about my experience. Their are no reporting restrictions on the hearings but the transcript has the following statement: “This Transcript is Crown Copyright. It may not be reproduced in whole or in part other than in
accordance with relevant licence or with the express consent of the Authority. All rights are reserved.” What does this mean?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newcastle upon Tyne
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: bla
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sure

I understand you are wanting to blog about your experience with a civil claim; why do want to do this?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm filing a human rights claim and I am seeking other people who have shared my experience. One of the big problems was a misapplication of GDPR laws by the judge. I find this concerning and would really like to quote the judge so that others can read for themselves what was said in the hearing.

OK and you are concerned about the statement in the transcript - is this correct?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

OK I understand. Leave it with me for now and I will get back to you with my full reply on here; usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience, it is appreciated. I am now pleased to be able to provide further assistance with your query. The statement you provided states that the transcript of the judgment is copyrighted and you cannot use it or reproduce it without their consent. You can still blog about the case and your experience, but not actually include a copy of that transcript or use its contents. You can still provide a summary of the decision, such as summarising the outcome and basic reasoning behind it but try and use your own language rather than word-for-word from what was written in it.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. The information was extremely clear and helpful in keeping me on the right side of the law. Very Best, Kate

You are most welcome and all the best.