How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17067
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I have a complaint. I pau my very account payment every

This answer was rated:

Hey I have a complaint . I pau my very account payment every month on take 3. But they still keep putting on interest every month
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: N.ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The finance company wrote back and said I have to pay my whole bill out till the interest stops
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No instead of my bill coming down they keep adding money on
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hey im not sure how all this works

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

There is a solution and it's the only one in my view.

You can avail of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) - they are there to help if things go wrong with a financial services provider.

They will not help until you have the final response to a complaint - so your next step is to make a complaint to Very - the details of how to do so are on this link :

When you do make the complaint, tell them that you plan to report them to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) who regulates them, unless they sort this out to your satisfaction.

You can reach the FCA to report them on 0800(###) ###-####if you wish. It may speed matters up.

Once you have the deadlock letter the next step would be to escalate this to the Ombudsman - they will investigate and liaise with Very which would hopefully result in a resolution. They can order them to make a financial award for inconvenience if they have acted poorly.

Once you have their final response, you can make the complaint to the Ombudsman here :

Or by email:***@******.***

Based on the circumstances, assuming Very does not uphold your complaint, I am sure the Ombudsman will do. The Ombudsman will look at this case independently and will make a decision based on what happened. Their decision is binding on the company.

Note too that you don't need a lawyer to pursue the above either. It's set up for consumers and is easy to pursue.

I hope this helps

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,


Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,


JimLawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thankyou soo much for ur hekp

My pleasure, thanks and have a good evening.