AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

Do you know how can I check the latest updates of divorce?

Hi, do you know how can I check the latest updates of divorce?
JA: What are the assets involved here? Are there any minor children?
Customer: no no children, no assets I applied online, but haven't heard any updates
JA: Where are you located? Divorce laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just want to check my latest updates, but called the number to the court but no one ever pick up, don't know what to do
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (ZTP6571)

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That's all, just the screenshot attached.

Upon checking the file you sent me, your husband must respond to the acknowledgment of service notification within 14 days ( as indicated in the update, your husband should respond by 12 May 2022 ).

He needs to respond whether they agree with the divorce or intend to dispute the divorce.

If your husband does not respond, the court will tell you what you need to do. But since you haven't heard from the court after the given due date which is 12 May 2022, we assume that your husband responded to the divorce application.  Otherwise, you should be receiving an email regarding non-responsive and dispute.

If he agrees with the divorce, you can continue with the divorce by applying for a conditional order. You will need to wait 20 weeks before you can apply for a conditional order. You will be told how to apply for a conditional order online.

You can visit the UK government website or various websites available which will allow you to check the status of your divorce. 

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I believe he responded. but the court didn't show any updates whether its been responded or not and what is the next stage. Is it might be the court delay for updates? When does the 20 weeks waiting period start? or am I in the 20 weeks waiting period already? please help

You are already in the 20-week waiting period. It started on the day that your husband responded to the divorce application.

The court will surely notify you of the progress once the waiting period is over. You will be told what next step you and your husband are going to take.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, your answers are very clear, thanks very much!

Thank you for your inquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions. 

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.