How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1716
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I bought a bed from a Facebook page. The bed was very bad

This answer was rated:

I bought a bed from a Facebook page. The bed was very bad quality and faulty. They have blocked me and will not refund me.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leicester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted them on several occasions to sort the issue. They said the eu would sort it but ignore my texts. They have since blocked me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Learn what to do if you're having an issue with your Marketplace order, or how to contact Facebook if the seller hasn't responded to your message. If you think a seller or product violates the Commerce Policies, you can report them:

  1. From your News Feed, in the left menu, click Marketplace.
  2. Click a listing from the seller that you want to report.
  3. Click on the name of the seller.
  4. Click .
  5. Click Report Seller.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions

Keep in mind that Facebook may suspend or ban sellers if they go against its Commerce Policies. Since the seller has blocked you, you may need to ask a friend to help you. Ask a friend with an account to report the content using the Find Support or Report link near the post, photo or comment on Facebook.

Facebook does not process refunds for purchases made on Pages
. Instead, the responsibility falls on the seller. This means that you'll need to reach out and contact the person and hope they are amenable to your request.

If something’s gone wrong with an item you’ve bought, you might be entitled to a refund, repair or replacement. It doesn't matter whether you bought the item new or secondhand - you'll still have rights. You’ll have legal rights if the item you bought is:

  • broken or damaged ('not of satisfactory quality')
  • unusable (‘not fit for purpose’)
  • not what was advertised or doesn’t match the seller’s description

To return faulty goods, you may try to input your details here.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They told me they would collect on certain days but would ignore me on those days. After purchasing I saw that other people have had the same experience

In that case, then you should report it to your local trading standards department, as the seller is breaching your statutory rights. It's worth telling the seller that you're going to do this, as it could mean your complaint is then dealt with.

If the seller fobs you off or blames the manufacturer, you might want to take your complaint to the consumer ombudsman.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

MARTINT330 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you