How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32222
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

How do i contact the legal ombudsman, I'm in Windsor, I have

This answer was rated:

How do i contact the legal ombudsman
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Windsor
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to the complaints department of my solicitors and nothing has been done people rearly reply to my email
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm in the process of getting divorced having paid a lot of money to them I'm getting nowhere and am lost with what to do now. I'm desperate and very stressed

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

May I confirm if you have yet raised a formal complaint with your solicitors please and followed their complaints procedure? I note you refer to having spoken to the complaints department though that is not quite the same thing

Joshua and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have made a formal written complaint and nobody respond to me I am so scared about all of this I am 65 and all my confidence has been destroyed
thank you. Roughly when did you raise your complaint and did you keep a copy?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It was about 18 months ago I haven't deleted any emails. I had a phone call from them about 6 months ago saying they were looking into my complaint and promised to keep in touch and then nothing. I have paid over £10.000
To them and they don't seem to have done anything just take money.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My phone keeps rejecting your calls for some reason

I'm sorry tto read of the above. Would you prefer to continue here and chat or await a further phone call?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't know what to do
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please carry on with the emails

thank you. Unfortunately, that complaint is now out of time in terms of referring it to the legal ombudsman. That is not to suggest that you no longer have a right to refer the matter to the legal ombudsman but rather that you would first need to bring a fresh complaint to the solicitor before you could escalate it to the legal ombudsman.

as such, you will need to consider raising a fresh complaint to the solicitors first and then on the earlier of the full response to your complaint or eight weeks whichever is the sooner, if you remain unsatisfied, you can then escalate the matter to the legal ombudsman for an independent determination.

The simplest way to do this is using the ombudsman's website at the following link: