How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32218
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

My son and his girlfriend bought a house together, paid the

This answer was rated:

Hi , my son and his girlfriend bought a house together , paid the same deposit, paid all the bills in a joint account , my some paid £200 more into the bill account, she sold her car and used his car for work, she only contributed partly towards stuff in the house like , tvs , furniture etc, my son spent £5k on the garden , she’s been caught cheating so the relationship has ended but she wants half of everything, is she entitled to this?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Thorne near Doncaster
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: none , josh has offered her some money but she wants half of everything, she’s threatened him last night
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am sorry to read of the above. May I clarify, when you refer to "half of everything", does your son contend that he is entitled to more than half of the property on the basis of his additional £5000 contribution please?

Joshua and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
She won’t accept the £5000 needs to come off the agreement as she said it was his choice to spend his money on the garden, but by doing so it’s put the value of the property up , she wants half the value to of the house and half the value of the contents but she’s not paid half of everything

I am sorry I missed your request for a phone call which I note was picked up by one of my colleagues with whom by now I trust you have had a productive conversation and discuss the above matter in detail. To the extent you have any follow-up questions or any issues that were not fully addressed on the phone, please revert to me and I will be happy to assist further.

I hope my colleague was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.