Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Do u help with transit issue in norway? Norway, The person

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Do u help with transit issue in norway ?
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Norway
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: The person has been detained n is put in detention center.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He was travelling to USA which is his final destination via Norway via SAS Airlines yesterday. The flight got delayed at Heathrow itself affecting rest of his journey. After landing at Oslo, after some formalities, he was escorted by one of the immigration officers to SAS office where he was given two options . 1. Return back to London. 2. Travel to US with new revised ticket. He chose option 2 as that was more relevant. He asked about transit visa but the SAS official at desk just advised him to check into the hotel that was arranged by them . He followed n was in hotel when police came after couple of hours and took him to detentation center stating that he was suppose to travel back to London, which he din do n now they have set a document stating that he was absconding from airport although he was asked to go back to London. His flight to USA is today at 4 am which he has clearly missed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What is the quickest possible way out for this as this is a clear case of some confusion n mis communication that has led to such unnecessary hassle. Also today is a Sunday n we are worried that there will be no measures taken atleast till tomorrow. Please help n advise. He is alone is norway and we have no one to help him. We live in UK.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Could u please advise on wit time before I receive a response to my queries please?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 12 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm has he contacted anyone?
Hi, thank you for your message. Without an answer to my question I can only give a general answer. I would advise that he contacts his embassy to explain the situation and they should be able to assist him. Best wishes