Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

We book a removal company to go from Herefordshire to

Customer Question

Hi we book a removal company to go from Herefordshire to Sudbury. They couldn’t get all our bits into what they had quoted us for. They then started journey, 2 hours into journey informed us that part of our stuff was still in Hereford. They now want paying more money before we can get our stuff back. How do we stand please.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No this happened over the weekend.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We verbally said that we will meet them back in Hereford and pick our stuff up, but they want the balance before paid before this. They haven’t completed there end of the contract.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Did you mention to them that they have not fulfilled their part of the agreement which you initially paid for?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No not exactly, they informed us after they had left the storage site (2.5 hrs) that the items had been left behind. Approx 1 van full. He said that to deliver this it would be an extra cost, we replied that we would discuss on his arrival at the new house. On arrival after unloading the vehicles we said that we would collect the items and pay the remaining once all of our things were back in our possession. We have paid £985 deposit plus additional vehicle at £337.50. The balance remaining is £647.50 however we they have not delivered all items. They want the remaining balance before releasing what has been left in storage, plus ab additional £450 to deliver if I don’t collect.

It appears a breach of contract occurred when they failed to fulfil their side of the agreement in the first instance. Therefore I suggest you remind them of the agreement in place and failing to fulfil the contract will lead to a complaint with the removal ombudsman and a possible court case.

See below the link for the removal ombudsman.

https://removalsombudsman.co.uk/

I hope I have clarified the position.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Great thank you we will proceed with this.
Your welcome