james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a PCN from parkingeye, pub car park, I was a paying

Customer Question

I have a PCN from parkingeye, pub car park, I was a paying customer. Also the address of the premises on the PCN is in a different town to where the premises actually are.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I failed to register the vehicle registration on site.
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi James

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

We’re you required to register the car details on site even if a paying customer?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
vehicle details were required on site.

Then despite being a paying customer, you failed to follow the requirements of the parking and therefore the penalty is valid.

If registering car details are a requirement of the car park and the drive does not do that, then they have failed to comply with parking restrictions and get penalised for that.

You can appeal the ticket, show evidence you were a customer, and see what happens but technically you failed to follow the parking requirements so the ticket would be valid.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok. The address of the pub on the PCN is incorrect.
The PCN is still valid?

In law, errors can be made and corrected, but likewise you could try an appeal on the fact it has wrong information.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks for your assistance James.
Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.