How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2049
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I think my neighbour is harassing me over my ownership of

Customer Question

I think my neighbour is harassing me over my ownership of fence, I paid the cost of 900 and now he’s taken it down without my permission because he isn’t happy but it safe and won’t fall down. I’m very distressed over this I’m 75 years a widow living on my own.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wales
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: they asked to enter my property to repair but really the fence sounds, neighbour damaged because he was banging posts
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

In this situation, I would advise you to undertake the following steps:

  1. Try to solve the problem informally by talking to them.

  2. If your neighbour is a tenant, you could contact their landlord.

  3. You could use a mediation service if raising the issue informally does not work.

  4. Contact the police if your neighbour is breaking the law by being violent or harassing you.

  5. As a last resort, you can take legal action through the courts.

Your other option is to apply for an injunction to stop your neighbour from harassing you over a fence. You can use this form to apply for an injunction: Form N16A: Application for an injunction (General form)

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How to I claim my £900 I paid fro replace fence he took down. This has really affected me and I think he’s bullying me.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

You can use small claims to recover your money against him.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

You can apply to a county court to claim money you're owed by a person or business. This is known as making a court claim. It often used to be known as taking someone to a 'small claims court'. You can apply online or by post.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

This is the website link you require.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.