MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I have a county court claim for a parking ticket From NCP, I

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a county court claim for a parking ticket From NCP
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am in the process of responding to the claim responding to the claim form
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing else really when I was attempting to pay for the parking there was a gentleman who was acting in an aggresive mannerCustomer: ok sure, how long will it take to speak to lawyer?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have a county court claim
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
for a parking ticket
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am writing my first defence and I have a couple of questions
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
sure
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
would you like more information
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Yes.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Have you tried to appeal the parking ticket?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it is too late now
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
let me give you an overview
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I drove to Bexleyheath with a friend from my residence in Gants Hill on the 18th of January 2020 to view a property I had an interest in purchasing. I have never been to Bexleyheath before, and I was unfamiliar with the area. I drove around in search of a car park and found the NCP car park.
After meeting with the estate agents, I and my friend returned to the car park. I initially thought the machine would calculate the amount I needed to pay based on my license plate and entry time. As I and my friend tried to figure out the how the machine worked and the right amount to pay, there was a gentleman behind us who appeared quite agitated and aggressive. The behaviour of this gentleman made me very uneasy, so I quickly put what I believed to be the right amount of money for the parking and went to my car. Before we drove out my friend and I had a discussion about the amount and whether we made a mistake. I decided to take a picture of the signage on my way out to get the telephone number in order to verify when I arrived home.
When I arrived home, I called the telephone number from the car park, but they were closed and there was no answer.Considering my explanation, I am sure you can appreciate that I clearly had no intention to cheat or deceive; I paid what I believed was the correct amount for the parking. According to your records, you have stated that I underpaid for the parking. I dispute the charge of £160 which you have asked me to pay as I do not believe it is fair, it does not reflect the losses incurred by NCP or actual circumstances that transpired leading to the error in the payment amount.
I sent an email on the 20th of August asking for the difference in the amount I paid and what you state I was expected to pay. I am happy to pay that difference if you could let me know. I am also happy cover the cost of postage up to £5.
If you do intend to go to court, I will ask my friend who was with me to appear as a witness, and I will also supply all the necessary evidence to support my case.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
this was an email I sent to the legal representative a while ago
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
they initially said I did not pay for the parking, but after spending some time investigating, conceded that I did pay but was a bit short
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

I see, in that case, you have two options:

1) You can choose not to pay your parking ticket, in which case the parking company will determine if it is worthwhile to take you to court.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have received a county court claim
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am typing up a response now
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

You’ll get a letter or email if someone claims you owe them money. You must respond by the date on the email or letter you receive. You can respond by:

• paying the full amount
  • paying only what you think you owe

You might have to pay more or get a county court judgment (CCJ) if you do not respond in time.

You can ask for another 14 days to respond if you’re defending the claim or paying only what you think you owe. Download and fill in the acknowledgement of service form in the response pack. Send it to the court address on the claim form.