SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I have an situation with my agency. I would love to speak

Customer Question

Hello, I have an situation with my agency. I would love to speak with someone about this problem. Who can I contact and whAt number I should call.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London N19 3BT
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: So I have end of contract for my flat at the end of November (30/09) and they have been forcing to sign the contract the whole July. I usually sing the contact end of August but the agent just buzz on the doors (Sunday 9pm) and gave me the notice to let out from the flat at the end of the November Is this normal behaving?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Actually it just upsets me the way of coming on the doors without noticing on Sunday at 9pm, absolutely unprofessional!
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is***** would be nice if you could let me know your name, so that I know who I am talking to. I am going to see if I can assist with your query. I may need to ask you additional questions and it is important for you to answer all the questions clearly, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response for your specific legal situation. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

You are not obligated to sign a new contract if you don't want to.  And the landlord is entitled to serve notice on you if he/she wants to.

Serving it on a Sunday may have been in order to ensure it's arrival first thing tomorrow morning, in order to comply with the number of months needed to serve on you to end the actual tenancy agreement by the end date.

So whilst you consider it unprofessional, it may well have been done for a specific purpose.  Lots of people work on Sundays.

It's a shame that you have been upset by this, but unfortunately it is the nature of private renting that a landlord can serve notice on you.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Can I clarify anything?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA! All the best!