Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Should a warranties section exist in a share purchase

Customer Question

Should a warranties section exist in a share purchase agreement for a 40% share purchase of a company?
JA: These loans can vary based on the terms of the contract. Can you provide me with more details about the loan?
Customer: Purchasing a 40% share in a company
JA: Where are you located? loan laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Purchasing the shares through a ltd company and the seller has asked for personal buyer guarantees as I am doing the majority of the payments on a deferred basis
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 16 days ago.

A very good day to you there, how do you do? It is my pleasure to assist you today.

My name is ***** ***** law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the enquiry.

Before I can provide you advice on your question, there are a few things to note:

• I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry very quickly, but if you do not receive my response immediately, do not worry I will not have forgotten, I would either be reviewing your question fully or it could be a technical delay on my end. Please know that I will be with you as soon as possible.

I hear what you're saying. It's totally natural that you would feel this way.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I don't think so

I would expect there to be a warranties clause as a standard, however not having one would not invalidate the agreement. It is important and therefore if you are buying you must ask for inclusion,

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and to clarify anything for you, all the best.