MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I’m being lied about by the people who I live under they’re

Customer Question

I’m being lied about by the people who I live under they’re accusing me of being on drugs when I am not
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Archway
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None you are the first
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They are accusing me of other thing as well
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Depending on the matter of how the rumor is spread, the perpetrator can be held liable for these two forms of defamation: 1) slander (if it was orally made and spread around), or 2) libel (if the rumor was spread on a platform such as social media, or online).

For a person to be held liable for defamation, you must be able to prove that the statement has caused or is likely to cause serious harm to your reputation. In order to sue for defamation, you must make a claim within one year of the statement being made. Even if you are certain that you are willing to sue, there is a process to go through and you will need to work this out with the solicitor.

If you win the case, you will usually be paid compensation by the perpetrator. This is to cover damages caused by their statement and your opponent will likely pay all or some of your legal costs. It may not be possible to reverse the damages done by a lie told, but if you have the law on your side, you may recover your reputation over time.

Talk to a solicitor near your area, who will be able to assist you further in this regard. To find a local solicitor, you can visit the website: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can use their search function to find one near your locality.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It is a company that deals with people who have mental disabilities
You can still sue a company for defamation.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let’s go ahead with it

I understand. You can talk to a solicitor near your area, who will be able to assist you further in this regard. To find a local solicitor, you can visit the website: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can use their search function to find one near your locality.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No there is not

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please don’t hesitate to contact us in the future.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.