MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Are you human? in the uk, none, mortgage separation

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: are you human?
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in the uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: mortgage separation
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

May I ask for a brief description of your scenario at the moment? Please bear with me as I will reply shortly once the circumstances have been narrated. Thank you.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 13 days ago.

To provide you with an overview:

If you have a joint mortgage and you’re going through a separation there will typically be a number of different options to consider, such as:

• Selling your home
  • Buy out your ex-partner
  • Stake in the property
  • Pay off the mortgage
  • Get a guarantor

Your legal rights during a joint mortgage separation also differ depending on whether you and your ex-partner are married or not. But if you’ve been in a relationship and lived with your partner for several years, contributing to bills and mortgage payments, this does have an impact on your rights.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.