Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have a question on how to buy a piece of agricultural land

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question on how to buy a piece of agricultural land VERY fast and simple, where both parties are relatives and have a very good relation.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Suffolk, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: agreed price and boundaries
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not realy
Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.
Can you clarify  some points please -

why does it have to be very fast?

and what are you trying to buy and why?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Stuart, I am selling this piece of land and proceedings would come in at a very good time for another project, but if it take the "normal" time to transfer, it's not of interest to sell. The buyers are very keen to buy as it is adjoining there land. It's a now or never situation.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.

I always get very nervous when people want something to be done quickly unless there is a compelling reason.

Assuming there are no mortgage funds involved the buyer gives the seller the money the Seller gives the buyer the transfer deed.

The buyer register transfer deed at the land registry.

Easy. Could be done in a couple of hours. Although registration was a bit slow at the moment.

The reason for the normal process of contracts and searches et cetera is to provide some certainty of who gets what.

There is no reason why a solicitor should be able to do this in the circumstances in a day if they have some spare time.

If mortgage funds are needed, you can forget anything happening quickly

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I totally agree, however in this actually case, it is perfectly understandable reason to it. So as my solicitors are unavailable at the moment (hence trying this service), can I instruct you to prepare a contract?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.

It’s a case of shopping around until you find one.

You might need to ring round an awful lot of solicitors but you can search by postcode and specialism on the Law Society website www.lawsociety.org.uk find a solicitor link which is at the top left hand corner of the page.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 12 days ago.

Hello again. If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months. I’m glad that I was able to help. Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem. Kind regards Stuart