How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 27220
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

Daily mail and others used my friends name and writing false

Customer Question

Daily mail and others used my friends name and writing false information when writing about a murderers background without her permission which has spread through many more news outlets
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk lincolnshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Written them an email that she will get lawyers involved if they dont remove it
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 days ago.

Can you give me exactly the background to this matter including -

who is the murderer and what is her connection - thanks

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The murder went quite viral the 9 year old that got stabbed in boston lincolnshire, the guy that did it Deividas Skebas, daily mail contacted her asking questions out of panic she answered some but didnt give permission to use her name they put in the article that shes his former girlfriend but shes and ex they split around two years ago and as a result of them posting this article her name got caught up by multiple other news outlets
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 days ago.

I’m not certain what’s happened here but I think what you’re saying is that the newspaper contacted the girlfriend of the murderer who gave a whole load of information but wasn’t asked whether she consented to have her name used.

If that’s the case, it’s obviously out there now and you can’t turn the clock back but she may be entitled to compensation for injury to feelings.

She needs to start with a complaint to the newspaper involved and see where that goes but I have to tell you now that because of the job they do, newspapers are extremely used to litigation and they will not roll over easily.

This is not a do-it-yourself job and she’s going to need a solicitor.

You might need to ring round an awful lot of solicitors but you can search by postcode and specialism on the Law Society website find a solicitor link which is at the top left hand corner of the page.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Kind regards


Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If we get the call recording would that help?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 days ago.

Any evidence is good.

The first thing that you need to do is make a Subject Access Request, in writing for all the personal information they have on you. That should include all the personal information they have about you and any CCTV, recordings, and correspondence containing “personal information”.

Here is information to help you make the request:

they have 40 days to reply.

Can I help you any further with this?

It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding.

Please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards


Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 days ago.

Hello again. If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months. I’m glad that I was able to help. Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem. Kind regards Stuart