How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17443
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I need to send a letter to my ex girlfriend about the sale

Customer Question

Hi, I need to send a letter to my ex girlfriend about the sale of one our assets and distrubution of funds from it. I do not wish to communicate with her directly and would like the letter to be sent from a solicitor as it may end up going to litigation anyway
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I havent but would like to. I am in Englad
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None I have drafted the letter, just need it posting
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 13 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 13 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

I can give you a template letter to use (to be sent from yourself to her) but I cannot draft and send it from me unfortunately.

Just Answer is an internet forum and not a law firm, so we are limited to online Q&A information and guidance only, from a legal standpoint.

You mention that you have already drafted the letter and need it posting - I am not sure if you mean you want the contact to be put on to a solicitor's letterhead paper or if you want someone to simply post it for you.

To stand the best chance you should use a law firm for this which is just my view but it may resolve the matter without you having to go to the time and expense of litigation (which can take many months).

The cost of a single letter from a lawyer should resolve this and would be money well spent in my view.

Here are a few choices of law firms for you, any of them should be fine for your purposes :





Expert:  JimLawyer replied 13 days ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 13 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,


Expert:  JimLawyer replied 13 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question starting off with @JimLawyer.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,


Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. It would be using my letter (or reworded if deemed necessary), but on solicitor headed paper
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Would those solicitors you have recommended be able to do this?
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 13 days ago.

Yes, they should do - if not then I can set out other choices for you