How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlisonSolicitor Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 307
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AlisonSolicitor is online now

My wife has been told she has to go into a nursing home and

Customer Question

My wife has been told she has to go into a nursing home and I am wondering how much money will I have to pay attention moment we have 30.000 pounds in ghe bank
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Itiner
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Ripley derbyshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 9 days ago.

Nursing homes usually cost more than residential homes as they provide nursing care.

The average cost of a care home in the UK is around £600 a week for a residential home and around £800 a week for a nursing home.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 9 days ago.

You can get help from the local council if you will be eligible for the benefit.

You might be eligible for the local council to pay towards the cost of your wife's social care if you have less than £23,250 in savings.

The first step is for your council to do an assessment to check how much help you need. This is called a needs assessment.

The needs assessment is free and anyone can ask for one.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.