12826847

Next door won't stop with the football it disturbs my peace

Customer Question

Next door won't stop with the football it disturbs my peace I have asked them they say they can do whatever they like then antagonise me by continuously playing ball
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ashford kent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked them, called police they won't act because its a child, environmental health they won't help. I have to stay indoors with windows and doors shut and my dog vomits in the heat
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Are you asking whether you can take legal action over the neighbour's children playing football?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it's antagonising me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

I do appreciate that and I do understand but I’m afraid that the noise of children is not a crime or a tort.

Children, even teenagers, are free to cause a level of noise that is normal for their ages.

Nobody has a right to demand that they are never aware of their neighbours at all. All they must not do is cause an unusual level of noise.

I’ve always found ear plugs resolve noise issues.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Im really sorry but that is the position.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,