james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

What is the best way to remove a person from a joint

Customer Question

What is the best way to remove a person from a joint mortgage?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Pembrokeshire South Wales
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: A little research. Would it be best for a TR1 form to come from a solicitor
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It's a joint mortgage but my housemate left the property 3 years ago, has not kept up the mortgage payments as per legal contractual obligations. I previously made an offer which they agreed to but when I returned with paperwork they refused to sign. I have kept up mortgage payments since, even paying off the arrears which had accumulated when they first left the property.
Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello James,
My name is*****'m looking for some advice and which is the best way to proceed please. Hoping you can help b
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I don't wish to call atm sorry as I'm on a tight budget.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

The only way to remove them is either with them agreeing and signing papers or with a court order

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Would I require a solicitor to send the T1 transfer of title deed ?

You can, but you could also do this yourself. There is no requirement to use a solicitor.