How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7881
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

What is the best way to remove a person from a joint

Customer Question

What is the best way to remove a person from a joint mortgage?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Pembrokeshire South Wales
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: A little research. Would it be best for a TR1 form to come from a solicitor
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It's a joint mortgage but my housemate left the property 3 years ago, has not kept up the mortgage payments as per legal contractual obligations. I previously made an offer which they agreed to but when I returned with paperwork they refused to sign. I have kept up mortgage payments since, even paying off the arrears which had accumulated when they first left the property.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello James,
My name is*****'m looking for some advice and which is the best way to proceed please. Hoping you can help b
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I don't wish to call atm sorry as I'm on a tight budget.
Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.

The only way to remove them is either with them agreeing and signing papers or with a court order

Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Would I require a solicitor to send the T1 transfer of title deed ?
Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.

You can, but you could also do this yourself. There is no requirement to use a solicitor.