MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I would like some overarching advice on the options

Customer Question

Hello - I would like some overarching advice on the options available for my fiance and her children to gain the right to live, work and attend school in the UK. She and they are US citizens currently living in the US. I am a UK citizen, living in the UK. Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps taken yet. No paperwork filed. Other answers in my message above.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NO
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No - all contained in my question
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Ok, I see. In your case, I would advise your partner to apply for a Fiance Visa. With this visa, she can marry or enter a civil partnership in the UK. Also, she can apply for a dependent for her child. Once her visa expires, she can apply for a Spouse Visa.

Spouse Visa is a settlement visa that allows your partner to live with you in the UK for up to 30 months.

Additionally, it can be extended for another 30 months if she meets certain eligibility conditions. Once she's granted a Spouse Visa, this is the first step toward Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and, eventually, British Citizenship.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

MARTINT330,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Give me 454 mins please
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
5 mins
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your help. Could you please advise whether the child can attend UK state school?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Provided the children are admitted to the UK as her dependants, they will normally be able to attend state (government funded) schools in the UK free of charge if they are aged between 5 and 16.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 7 days ago.
Good evening, I tried to call you twice but no one answers the call. Would you like a phone consultation? Please confirm
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 7 days ago.

I tried to call you a few times with no luck, I have also texted you. If you will still require help, please do let me know. Thank you