Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I am having trouble with my accounts with TalkTalk. I am in

Customer Question

Hi, I am having trouble with my accounts with TalkTalk.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Halifax, England.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: They have a complaint line linked with them that I called last week. They said I had 28 days to log the complaint or it would be closed. I cannot now log into my account and when I call talk talk they hang up on me.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been having trouble with them for the last 4 months. I have 2 accounts with them and have done for nearly 2 years. I upgraded my contacts this year and have had nothing but trouble. They send me a text telling me my account is due, which I pay. I then log in to pay my son’s account and it says I don’t owe anything so I cannot pay my second account. They then send me a text a week later saying my account is over due and charge me €12.50. They have done this the last 3 months. They told me 3 months ago that they were going to add the accounts together so that I would just get the 1 bill combined. Totalling £40 a month.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have a complaint lodged with their internal department. I have rung them this evening to see how it was going but after taking 10 mins to get through to them I told them I would like to speak to a manager they hung up on me.That is why I got in touch with you. It has been like this for the last 4 months. I cannot log into my online account because I have to change my password ***** month. I change it one month and then the next month I try to log in it doesn’t recognise it so I have to change it again. I cannot be bothered with it. I have an IPhone 13, it has facial recognition, not available with a talk talk account, why?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My accounts are £20 each a month. I have just got an email from talk talk saying I owe them £64 even though both of my accounts are up to date?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have asked them to send me all transcripts of my telephone calls or any other contact that I have had with them because, their service is good but they fall short with their call centres which have been moved abroad. I just want to know where I stand because I want to cancel my contacts with them but they are saying I will have to pay in excess of nearly £600. I feel that though the service is ok they have failed with the billing concept and billing concept, the service as well. I had my service cut off even though I had paid my account and my son has had his services cut off on numerous times these last 3 months.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 13 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have you tried to contact them using different methods?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have on line , I am supposed to log in to my account and be able to pay. Since I have taken out this new contract, every month I try to log into my account my password *****’t recognised. So then I have to go through the process of resetting my password. If I try during the month, same again, password ***** recognised. I have an IPhone 13, I save my passwords and I also use face recognition. Talk talk don’t offer that for some reason.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don’t believe the fault is with talk talk per say, I think it is all down to their call centre. But the call centre is part of talktalk. So unified it is the same thing.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I think that over the last 4 months they have caused me undo stress because of the way I have been through with their call centre. I suffer from mental health issues and am prescription from my doctor and have been for over 12 months now. I am struggling with my conversations with talk talk. You speak with them and they don’t seem to understand. They ask you the same question 3 or 4 times in different ways thinking you are stupid. When you answer the same question repeatedly you get annoyed with them and start getting aggressive with them. They then use that as an excuse and hang up on you. Therefore your problem is not resolved and never will be.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I work for Dpd and have done for 8 years. I meet over 100 people a day, delivering their parcels. I have a good customer relationship and I get a lot of good feedback from my customers. I have no patience when I speak with talk talk because of how degenerate my contact with them has been. As I said I have asked for all my contact with them to be forwarded to me whether it be phone calls, text or email.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would like to cancel my phone call.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 12 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Please contact customer services and they will cancel the call. In regards ***** ***** situation you should try to contact them by mail and/or email. As a last resort you should instruct a solicitor to contact them on your behalf. I hope this helps. Best wishes
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I would like to cancel my call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Cancel my call, I cannot afford it.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have cancelled my call twice now. I don’t want it. I have also contacted my bank and told them I have asked for this call cancelling 3 times now
Hi, thank you for your message. Please contact customer services directly as I do not deal with money. Best wishes