SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I have been removed from my home by my wife. She called the

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have been removed from my home by my wife. She called the police when we quarelled ( I didn't touch her) and they told me to leave and come back next day. So I came back after midnight - it was next day (they didn't specify what time). This time they arrested me put me in bail, I cannot speak to my wife nor my children.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Altrincham.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted some family lawyers but they said it ia criminal matter. I want to be de-arrested and come back home.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think there is anything else.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is Lea. It would be nice if you could let me know your name, so that I know who I am talking to. I am going to see if I can assist with your query. I may need to ask you additional questions and it is important for you to answer all the questions clearly, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response for your specific legal situation. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Jack
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It was suppose to be free... and chat...
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
where isbthe answer?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

Hello Jack

Does your wife want you to return home?

Are the police now taking further action?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
At the moment ahe doesn't.
I don't know what the police is doing. I am suppose to go back to thw police station on 24th. They may be doing something in the meantime.
But the thing is they arrested me for being back home to early - in their opinion. Although they didn't specify the time. I am barred from home for nothing. Can anybody fight it?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

You will have to abide by any bail conditions that apply.  Only once the police have finished their investigations and closed the case, with NFA, and removed your bail conditions, will you be able to return home.

Notwithstanding if your wife has applied for a non molestation order and an occupation order preventing you from returning.  You will only know if she has done this once the order is served on you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I didn't ask about it. I asked about something else.
What about the arrest for coming back next day - aa they instructed me - but not late enough?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

I think they probably decided you were being obtuse, as the 'next day' would typically mean after the morning, not a few minutes past midnight.

But do ask them on your return for interview on 24th.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
There is no like "typically" in law, rules have to be strict. And everything should be explained exactly. It wasn't
On 24th they will tell me whatever they want and will do anything they want with me. For nothing.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

No, the law says that words can have their ordinary every day meaning.  'Come back next day' would be interpreted by any reasonable person (the person the law uses to determine if something is reasonable) as being after the morning.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

Can I clarify anything further for you before I go offline?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm practically finished... for just wanting to go back and sleep.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

Unfortunately as they told you not to return, they arrested you again - so now you have to comply with the bail conditions.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
wait for my wife to kick me out...
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.
That isn't a query I can answer.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA! All the best!