How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12221
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Begum I would like to bring my mum to uk. What I neeed to

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I would like to bring my mum to uk . What I neeed to do
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in plymouth
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just got her I'd fixed, got her account opened and going to appley for passport.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She is married again I am her only daughter.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

What is her nationality? What is yours?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Her nationality is bangaladeshi and she is my mother.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Ok and does she work? Is she retired? Does she require medical treatment that is not available in Bangladesh?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No she does not work she is a house wife.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
She have health issues but she is getting treatment in Bangladesh.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

I see, then there is no visa available for her I am afraid to live here long term. The categories of family visa are extremely limited e.g. spouse, child (under 18 with a uk national parent), parent (of a child under 18) and adult coming to be cared for by a relative. for that last one she would have to show that she cannot get treatment in Bangladesh which she cannot do as she is getting treatment there. I trust this assists