MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117, Advocate
Experience:  Expert
110754241

Would require employment law advice or solicitor advice on

Customer Question

Would require employment law advice or solicitor advice on my situation and perhaps to help with the case
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dereham, Norfolk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have left my company on the 28/07. This just before my disciplinary hearing on the 29/07. I have not taken any other steps
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been employed by Thera Trust since 2017 as Manager. I got suspended with full pay from my duties in October 2021 ( Gross misconduct). I have suffered from Mental Health from beginning of January 2022 until mid April. Returned to work after and still on suspension. I was very much devastated by this case as I believed this was very unfair due to my commitment to the project, short staffed, putting enormous hours. Not had time to complete my duties as Manager. I felt most of the allegations which I will list at the end are just so unfair and cannot agree to any of them. I have been tired due to pressure from Line Management and felt not supported by Line Management at all.I left Thera Trust on the 28/07/2022 as simply felt very exhausts and could not cope any longer with the situation and the case. I left just before my disciplinary hearing on the 29/07/2022 with them.I have now received a letter from Thera inviting me to DBS Referral meeting on the 5/08/22 with them as they have a statutory right to refer any cases to the DBS where they believe the harm test has been met under the guidance given by DBS. They will review documents to determine whether referral should be made or not.. Very worried as worked in Health and Social Care without any issues for 15 years!Main Allegations they impose:- Alleged I have not reported safeguarding issues. Resulting in staff potentially working in unsafe conditions.
- Not following policy in relation to staff receiving gifts from PWS
- Records across my support area not completed
- It is alleged that I have threatened staff that they would be sacked if they went off sick
- It is alleged that I did not ensure that staff were compliant in terms of their training
- Potential breach of GDPR, It is alleged that you asked an employe to store confidential records at their house
- I allegedly recorded hours fraudulently on the Core Portal
- It is alleged that staff and family of PWS not able to contact you for periods of time
- Allegedly breached Covid guidelines during the covid
-Allowing staff to have access to a PWS chip and Pin information
- It is alleged that you did not ensure that all staff were insured to drive PWS and drive their cars for work purposes including those staff working in the community.
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 6 days ago.
Good morning thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a practising solicitor with several years experience and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this is a Q and A platform and no lawyer client relationship is created. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, what is your specific question in relation to the DBS referral meeting?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, I suppose the main question is what are my rights here? Is there any effective way I can defend myself and stop from progressing further? What is the best way to respond to this?
You would need to go through each allegation raised and provide your version of events to defend yourself. You should where possible refer to witnesses who can corroborate your version of events.
Do you have any follow up questions?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Since I am not employed by them anymore can I request more time. They seems to throw dates without any consultation or to check if I am available etc?
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 5 days ago.
considering the amount of accusations you could request that the meeting is delayed to provide you more time to prepare for the meeting.