Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I need a legal advise with respect to a loan, Manchester,

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need a legal advise with respect to a loan
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Actually, a company applied for the loan o my behalf so that I can have access to their training program. The company promised job guarantee and promise to love me to the recruitment stage after completing 80% of the course, however, they are asking me to go and write external exam before I could move to recruitment stage. This was never mentioned before. So I told them to switch me to the other program without job guarantee(which is less costlt) since I didn't have money to do external exams, but they have refused. Insisting I must continue with the job guarantee program.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call.

I am sorry that you are facing a potential dispute with your training provider but hopefully I can assist you in resolving the matter before it escalates and you are forced to incur significant further legal costs.

How much were the course fees?

Was this a lending agreement within the meaning of the consumer credit laws and regulations?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for your timely response. I signed an agreement with the loan company, but no agreement with the educational provider. The course fee is £2,500 for Job guarantee and 1,500 without Job guarantee. It is a program in Data Science. I already have a MSc in Data Science from University of Salford, and basically I decided to enroll in this program due to the job guarantee offer. Having realised the educational provider they wanted me to do external exam which is to be paid for by me and they have never mentioned this. They only said I have to complete 80% of the course to move to the recruitment stage. Having completed 80%, they said I need to pass two external exam s before I can kove to recruitment stage. Infact, one of those exams require me to to same course in Data Science, to be paid for on a monthly basis, to earn a IBM badge. The whole process seems more like a trap. I told them I would like to switch to the program without job gutantee since there has not been anything on the recruitment front but they declined. I hope you can help me. Thanks

You have a claim in breach of contract and breach of the sale and supply of goods and services legislation against the loan company.      The Defendant was under a duty in contract law and statute to provide you with a product and service that was fit for purpose, of reasonably satisfactory quality and matched the description at the point of sale. Your damages will be a refund on the purchase price, plus additional costs of rectifying their defective work through another supplier.

You should send a letter of claim to them. There are plenty of free templates online and the consumer protection advice magazine/website “Which?” has a useful template which you can adapt to your claim.

If they do not reply with their reasons for disputing the claim within 21 days, you should issue court proceedings via the Government’s Small Claims Track Online System.

The issue fee depends on the total damages being claimed. If you issue online, the court issue fee ranges from between £35.00 for a claim worth up to £300.00 damages, up to £455.00 for a claim worth between £5,000.00 and £10,000.00 damages. The Small Claims Court Online Portal will advise you on the fee when you come to issue your claim, but you may check the Government’s Court Fee advice booklet EX50 at PDF page 5/21 accessible at the following link.

A party cannot normally recover solicitors’ costs on the Small Claims Track. However, it is designed for non-lawyers (known as “Litigants In Person”). The trials are relatively informal, and the judges do not expect parties to have the same legal knowledge as experienced solicitors and barristers.

I hope this is a satisfactory initial reply to your question and you understand my recommendations. Please revert to me if you do not understand anything and require clarification of my answer and I shall be delighted to assist.

I can also offer a Premium Service Consultation for an additional fee if you need detailed and bespoke legal advice. If you accept, I will pass you my direct email address and phone number. I can review any relevant documentation and consult with you by telephone for around 20 minutes. This will give you a clearer picture of your legal position and your potential options for progressing the matter to the next stage.

LawyerEd

I hope that you are satisfied with my reply and wish you all the very best in resolving this matter.

If you require further legal advice from me, please create a new text thread on the portal and tag @EdTurner in the expert box. I will be notified of your request and prioritise it.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What about the educational provider? They are the real culprit here? I will like to get seek you service

Your claim is against who you contracted with.   It appears that this was the finance company and not the education provider.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The educational provider provided the link for me to apply for loan for the services. They created an account for me which was directly credited by the loan company. The contract I signed with the loan company states that the educational provider has to agree whether or not I am due for a refund, partial or otherwise. So far the educational provider is not willing to agree on anything. The only thing they agree on is to continue with the job guarantee program and do the two external exams.

There is nothing to stop you from claiming against both companies, but it appears that the contract was with the finance company, not the education provider.   I will need to see the terms and conditions, order form and invoice to advise with certainty.

I have answered your questions as far as I am able to on the Portal.   Obviously, there is a limited amount of advice I can give based on a few lines of text on the Just Answer instant messaging Portal.   Very often the best I can do is “point you in the right direction” for the sake of seeking more detailed advice.

If you want further bespoke advice, I need to review all relevant correspondence and documents and advise in a telephone call.

I will place an offer of a Premium Service Phone Call Request through on the Portal.   If you do not want this additional service, I wish you all the very best in resolving this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will get back to you o n this asap

OK, look forward to speaking with you.

Ed Turner,
Experience: Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited

Thank you for accepting my offer of a Premium Service Phone Call. I have posted my direct email address and mobile number through the Portal. Please call me when convenient or post your mobile number and email address using the “Enter contact info” link and I will call you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time on the phone earlier.     I hope that I have resolved your enquiry and wish you all the very best in resolving this matter.

If you require further legal advice from me, please create a new text thread on the portal and tag @EdTurner in the expert box.    I will be notified of your request and prioritise it.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Please can you help with legal action if the loan company does not honor my letter of claim?
but you must instruct me directly as this is not the type of service I can provide through Just Answer.
Customer: replied 18 hours ago.
Alright. Can I do that through email?
please contact me though my email address provide above.