John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I have returned faulty goods to the seller wirhin the

Customer Question

I have returned faulty goods to the seller wirhin the statutory 30 day period.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Wales and what i wanted to know was how the return affects the credit sale agreement used to purchase the item,
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent a lolng email today ( the day of delivery of the item) to the selling company setting out the facts, attaching relevant photos and giving the formal notice of rejection. Also asking the seller to notify the fiancw company of the position
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: In my email I also asked tjhem to copllect the items-2 sofas-within 7days and told them I would seek recovery of my deposit amd delivery and installation charges, Further i put them on notice that since we now have nosofa
Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your message I appreciate it is important to you. Is the seller disputing the return of the items?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I only sent the email of rejection this afternoon and I have had no reply to date, My main concern relates to my position with the finance compny which provided the credit for the purchase, Does the notice of rejection automatically put an end to that agreement please. Thanks for the advice.
Expert:  John replied 15 days ago.
It’s a separate agreement. You will need to inform the finance company separately. I’d recommend you send the finance company a copy of your letter of rejection
Expert:  John replied 14 days ago.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.