How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7941
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I have four local authorities parking tickets that have run

Customer Question

I have four local authorities parking tickets that have run up to more than 2000 what can l do l don't have the money
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Have paid £514 out of the 4 ticket
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What can l do as l do have the money to pay them am think of sell the car
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No l don't have the money
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

At what stage have you reach.

Have they been taken to court and CCJ issued?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
it give to the baliff
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
have paid them 514 already
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Then you should be able to make a financial arrangement with them to pay in instalments.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
am a single mum l find it difficult to pay by the time l paid all my bills
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

If you can't pay your debt in full there are other options you can take

You can ask the bailiffs if you can: set up a payment arrangement if you can afford small regular payments

Even if your offer is refused you should still try to pay. This can help make it easier to negotiate with the bailiffs because they can see that you want to pay.

If the bailiffs come into your home and you can't afford to pay your debt you'll normally have to make a 'controlled goods agreement'. This means you'll agree to a repayment plan and pay some bailiffs fees.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don't have the £44
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK thank you for your help
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Your welcome, good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.