AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

My sister has lpa who now wants to activate, my sister

Customer Question

My sister has lpa who now wants to activate, my sister revoked him in writing what powers can he use now she is in care,
JA: Where is she? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: At present in hospital under section 3 of the mental health act and due to be placed in a care home
JA: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: She has dementia , I have dealt with her affairs she was living with me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The Lpo has askinme for her ank detais
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry I am not sure how to use this system I have sent my details

Just for clarification, someone has a Lasting Power of Attorney over your sister but she has revoked this LPA?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
but not with a witness other than myself she was also videod
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Your system for phone chat would not accept my number

Is the LPA registered with the Office of the Public Guardian?

I can see they platform has offered you a call. If you do not need one we can continue to discuss here on the chat.

If you change your mind and want a call feel free to request and we can arrange for one for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I think I could manage that better thankyou***********land line

Would you like then to take the Call Offer?

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but if you do request, it will be open to other Experts to help you.

I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am available at present
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You have my card details agreed to
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 11 days ago.

Can you detail your question and I am happy to guide?

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Business concluded

Hello, can you provide further information regarding your inquiry so I can address it accordingly? I am happy yo help you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please take the £9 fee . I was unaware my ba
nk had blocked it
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 9 days ago.

Your LPA needs to be registered by the Court of Protection before it can be activated. You have two options, you can either register the Lasting Power of Attorney as soon as it's in place and signed by you and your attorney, or leave it to be registered at a later date.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Very useful and clear advice, I was happier using the the telephone option many thanks

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.