How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4242
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I’ve won a county court case against a business do I now

Customer Question

Hi, I’ve won a county court case against a business do I now invoice them?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just the court case which was Friday, ruled in my favour. I’m not sure how to go about getting my money
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: they dependent didn’t turn up or submit any evidence
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 6 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink- or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 6 days ago.

Hi there,

You can get the Judgement enforced via Bailiffs and High Court enforcement officers, to recover debts from both individuals and companies – bailiffs can attend a debtor’s home or place of business to obtain payment or seize goods.

It is necessary to apply for a Warrant of Control (or Writ of Control if going via the High Court) which gives the bailiffs or enforcement officers the power to enter the debtor’s premises to seek recovery of the debt.

Transferring a CCJ up to the High Court for enforcement by High Court enforcement officers tends to be a faster process than using county court bailiffs. However, this process can only be used for debts over £600. Debts under £600 should be enforced by county court bailiffs.

You need to fill below form N293A to apply to high court

you can instruct court enforcement services who can do it for you-

Expert:  Vineet S replied 6 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.