Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I invested in goldmarkets in 2018 for 1500EUR. This company

Customer Question

I invested in goldmarkets in 2018 for 1500EUR. This company closed and I could not access my account. Now there is someone calling me that they are refunding people money but I need to open auto wallet to get the money which has accumulated to 18000 pound. I not sure if it is a scam or for real. I need advice
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have talked with this person saying is from goldenmarket refund. He was asking me to access my computer so he can guide me how to open the wallet. I stopped and asked for him to call me later
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

It is a scam, the FCA has specifically warned about this not just the organisation itself but so called refunds: https://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/golden-markets

There are a few companies who can claim to retrieve monies taken by a scammer but in reality they are also scams - once a scammer has the money it would be very difficult to sue them (being based abroad) and even if you obtained a CCJ against them, enforcing it is another matter.

You can try any of these regulated law firms to see if they can recover the money for you:

· www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/services/department/dispute-resolution/civil-fraud-and-investigations/fraud-victims

· www.stuartmillersolicitors.co.uk/service/online-fraud/

They should be able to help you with a no win no fee agreement so that you do not have to pay anything up front to them. These are regulated law firms in the UK.

I trust this assists
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
4
Thanks take care

Thank you for using JA