How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2068
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I spent 30 hours between airports beacause of cancelled and

Customer Question

I spent 30 hours between airports beacause of cancelled and delayed flights with BA in UK. It had massive personal impact and I want to know if we can chase BA and Heathrow for other damages apart from the cancelled flights I cannot believe we have no legal rights
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: spoken to BA but no reply yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we had an 8 month baby with us we were not offered anything else apart from some food vouchers. It had impact on our journey (missed car rentals, accommodation, ferry tickets) and personal impact ( My milk got reduced and frankly Heathrow didn't have facilities to pump/breastfeed properly)
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
well I think I would like to see if we can have a legal action against BA and Heathrow for different reasons
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I want to know by online chat if we have a case here before proceeding into other charges.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Heathrow-> didnt have the capacity to accomodate the amount of people travelling, didnt have facilities for breastfeeding/pumping.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Generally, several airlines will compensate you with vouchers for food and beverages if your flight is cancelled. They may book a hotel and provide transportation for you if you require lodging. Occasionally, airlines cannot provide care and assistance for all passengers. This might occur when personnel is stretched thin amid significant interruptions. If this happens, you have the right to arrange for reasonable care and support on your own and then seek reimbursement afterward. I

If you wind up paying for things yourself, retain all receipts and do not overspend. It is unlikely that airlines will reimburse you for fancy hotels or drinks. Some will offer advice on reasonable prices.

However, since your flight was cancelled, the airline legally has to give you all of the following:

  • a full refund for the flight

  • a full refund for other flights from the airline that you won’t use in the same booking, e.g. an onward or return flight

  • if you’re part-way through a journey, a flight back to the airport you originally departed from

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

In this case, you should get the refund within seven days of the flight date.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks. So basically there is nothing I can do
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

No problem.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Would you like details on how to locate a local no win no fee airlines solicitor?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

To find a local solicitor within your area, you may visit the following website and use their search function:

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.