ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My partner tested positive for Covid-19 this morning on a

Customer Question

My partner tested positive for Covid-19 this morning on a lateral flow and is being made to still go in to work.
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Stirling
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: eh no. Edinburgh sorry
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes. So my partners manager said that she has to go in to work (she works in an ice cream shop) even though she has tested positive. I am high-risk as well.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. The government should not in these circumstances require your partner to work. The general government guidance is that the employer should require persons with Covid 19 to isolate for some period while they are unwell. Please see below guidance

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/people-with-symptoms-of-a-respiratory-infection-including-covid-19#what-to-do-if-you-have-symptoms-of-a-respiratory-infection-including-covid-19-and-have-not-taken-a-covid-19-test

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

In addition to the above, having Covid is an illness, the laws with respect to being home while sick still applies. As such, you cannot be co pulled to work while sick. Finally. The employer has a duty to ensure the work environment is safe. Having someone work and exposed to other staff while I’ll would be a breach of these requirements.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is that even if they are unvaccinated and it's a lateral flow positive?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

based on the above, your employer would be acting wrongfully on all account. I cannot say why the employer has taken this stance. Your partner is advised to state the law in relation to this.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

It does not matter whether it is lateral flow or not.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
You are welcome
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add the nameCustomeras a favourite expert. You may also tag me in a question starting off with @Readylaw.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Customer/p>