JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have been scammed by a company called SSI LANDSCAPING. The

Customer Question

I have been scammed by a company called SSI LANDSCAPING. The have got my money £2743. It was a deposit I had sent them through bank transfer. My bank RBS will not support me. Many thanks if you can be of assistance Mrs Cameron
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in Ayrshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: it has been reported to police Scotland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: this company came across as being so helpful and understanding.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

The company seems to be a limited company and active (according to companies house : https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC695424).

I would recommend that you send the company a letter before action to demand payment within 14 days and say that if they do not pay you, you will issue county court proceedings against them. See attached template as an example of what to say.

For claims over £300 (up to £5,000) the court issue fee is £106. If you are in receipt of certain benefits you are exempt from paying the above fee. The fee exemption can be applied for at the above website.

Once you start the claim the Sheriff will register the claim and a timetable will be given to you to detail how the claim will proceed. For this size of claim you can easily do it yourself without a lawyer (or come back to this site for further guidance).

Here is the link to the Simple Procedure if the letter is ignored - https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

I hope this helps

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question starting off with @JimLawyer.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Jim

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi I was hoping you can help regarding a scam. I have been scammed for £2437.50 by a company SSI LANDSCAPING LTD.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Hi there, I set out the answer earlier, as follows :

"Sorry to hear of the issue.

Here is the link to the Simple Procedure if the letter is ignored - https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure "