How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GabrielP428 Your Own Question
GabrielP428, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 447
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
GabrielP428 is online now

Taking a person to court but they’ve changed address, how

This answer was rated:

Taking a person to court but they’ve changed address, how does one get their new address and if they don’t provide it what can you do?

Hi, my name is***** am a solicitor in England and Wales with 9 years of experience and have worked in the legal sector since 2008.

This service is not instant, so please note that I cannot always reply immediately due to other work commitments. I look forward to helping you with your legal problem.

If you would like a call to discuss this further, please let me know

A call is a premium service that includes an extra charge.

Hi, is he a company or self-employed?

Is he based in the UK?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Self employed individual but workings in their own company
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
but works

Is it a limited company?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
that person works for a limited company
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
But the action is not against the limited company but the individual

I see. If he uses the same address for business and residence, you may be able to find his address on the company's house website.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
They are married now so it seems like they use that address just for correspondence
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s their parents house

I would use this address to issue proceedings if you know he accepts letters at this address. You can also hand deliver a copy.

Thank you so much for using Just Answer. If you have further questions, please ask them in this thread.

If you have other questions, you can open a new thread and mark it for my attention (GabrielP428) or choose me in the subject heading as your preferred expert from your membership page.

GabrielP428 and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you